Monday, December 1, 2008

Just Kill Me Now ...

... As if our new pillowtop mattress and dual control mattress pad heating system isn't comfortable enough, I bought a new pillow yesterday! It's called the "Grandma" pillow, and it's goose down surrounded by just enough polyfill not to keep the feathers from leaking out and poking me in the eye! It's like sleeping on a cloud. And now, as if, I wasn't already sleeping like the dead, I sleep deader than a f'ing doornail, and I dream about dead people!

It was absolute bliss through the last night, I'm not kidding. I talked to dead people throughout, so much so, that I never wanted to wake up this morning. Several no-longer-breathing souls came to see me. One such dead person had died very young, and so of course I had not seen him in years, and I was still talking to him at the end of my sleep-dreamy time this morning (okay, and we might have been on the verge of making out), when Mark tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Don't you have to get up?"

I dunno what I'm saying here, but I urge you all to go out and buy a real goose down feather pillow with polyfill wrap, because you won't get poked by the feathers when they pop through the ticking, but you just might get "poked" by a dead person who is really, really happy to see you!

That's not exactly what I'm saying, but I think you get the point!











No comments: