Saturday, January 17, 2009

Widow's Peak





Widow’s Peak

I have known my share of widows in this life,
and I fear, although not greatly so,
the same such fate, and yet embrace it,
because oh what widows I have seen,
the lovers who have lost it true,
only to go it alone, in the long run,
in this crazy life where everyone else
hits the ground, slap-happy-silly
alongside their own misfit boy toy.
And these widows watched,
not overcome by loss,
but bathed by an unseen love,
a true and honored affection,
a respect for what was
still live in their hearts,
up and onward going,
long days into lone nights,
and I rarely saw their tears,
unless decorating the stories
of what was had and still held,
yet I wonder after them,
or am I crying out for me,
why not more time,
why close seconds,
or too late at best
why not forever?
photo:
Mrs. Gustav Mahler, Widow of Composer, Raptly Listening to His "Resurrection Symphony" ..........Artist: Alfred Eisenstaedt

No comments: