Wednesday, July 29, 2009

cheating ... well, kind of (for our picture challenge)

Kerry picked the pic this time ... this is my words to go with it, which it wasn't so much that I couldn't think of fresh words, or didn't have time to write something fresh, but the total surround-y-ness of the water in this one, and the person in the pic made me think of this one ...


wading, waiting no more

teetering,
on the very edge,
i gave up
and ventured in.

waiting...

... you do not follow.

wading ...

.... the water tickles
laps at my ankles
travels my shins,
well past my knees.

waiting ...

... you do not follow.

wading ...

... dangling limp,
my wrists submit
sea weeds and algea
adorn my hips.

waiting ...

... you do not follow.

wading ...

... breasts on wave,
then drowned,
neck and shoulders
shrug on a liquid cowl.

waiting ...

you do not follow.

wading ...

... final descent
water replaces air,
my eyes are erased
my ears open to the sea.

waiting ...

... i do not hear you calling.

... done wading.
okay, gary, your turn and then yippy skippy i get to pick the pic and start the word ball rolling again. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK...I am caught up to this one and your latest image of the basement. I already have the next image picked out but Kerry has got to get the lead out of his ass...lol

g~