Saturday, October 11, 2014

Mourning Pages ...

September 18, 2014 - 3/12 weeks post surgery - I can write and I can barely write.

October 11th - haven't tried writing, other than the occasional morning note to Mark, in nearly a month.  I thought I would yet again (because I have attempted--and failed) do my version of Cameron's "Morning Pages," though I like to call them "Mourning Pages," and because I'm bipolar as hell, I can't even make the promise that I will "hit it" every morning, or even every day, and who knows to what length, since even this light pencil is flighty and loose in my hand, the writing slow--and so at this rate, and with this mess, can I even hope to capture a thought in this painstaking process?


Morning Pages

"The bedrock tool of a creative recovery is a daily practice called Morning Pages."  -Julia Cameron 

...Morning Pages are three pages of longhand, stream of consciousness writing, done first thing in the morning.  There is no "wrong way" to do Morning Pages; they are not high art.  They are not even "writing."  They are about anything and everything that crosses your mind--and they are for your eyes only.  Morning Pages provoke, clarify, comfort, cajole, prioritize and synchronize the day at hand.  Do not over-think Morning Pages:  just put three pages of anything on a page ... and do three pages tomorrow ... 


--or "Mourning Pages" as I have always called them, and this particular morning, I could physically only manage one thick paragraph.

I'm also intrigued by this new way of journal-keeping called "Bullet Journaling" ... so i'm thinking it will be a betwixt and between the two ... "mourning pages" that are probably more bullet in fashion since I can't write too awfully long, and then I'll tear some paper up for the in-between spots and holes in my ongoing story.





No comments: